[SWLUG] Cardiff Meeting this Wednesday

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 14:50:32 UTC 2011

On Thursday 03 February 2011 12:40:30 Paul Connell wrote:
> I can go for a drink with blokes any time at a pub - and I know we talk
> about open source 'stuff' but for me the technical meetings we were
> having in Swansea were the most 'relevant' thing to me about the LUG.
>
> Apart from 'The Penguin, what marks the LUG out as different to any
> other group of people at that bar?

I don't attend swlug meetings because they are just too far away.  But to be
honest, I probably wouldn't even if I were nearer, because I dislike evening
pub meetings.

I sometimes go to the meetings of two different LUGs.  Both are technical.
Both are during the day.  Neither is on my doorstep.

There is another LUG less than half as far away as the nearest of the other
two.  It meets in a pub for an evening meal.  I have never been to a meeting.

I may not be the only person for whom an evening meeting in a pub is not a
draw.

Lisi