[SWLUG] Cardiff Meeting this Wednesday

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Fri Feb 4 09:46:53 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 20:38 +0000, Mark Jones wrote:
> The thing about having Meets in Wales is the geography... Whereas there are smaller LUGs in England the ones in Wales are spread over a large geographic area.
>
> Has anybody tried emailing any of the University Computer Science
> Departments to see if they can advertise the meetings?

I'm still involved with the student society in swansea, and can do some
advertising through them, they have quite a few alumni members as well
as the students.

We could maybe try doing some kind of joint event, it would potentially
have more attendies, as well as easy access to meeting rooms in the
uni.

They also hold lightning talks from time to time, and they can be seen
online http://sucs.org/Community/Talks

Another thought that i have been mulling over is if we need to try
changing the image of the lug to incorporate open source in general,
open hardware, internet technologies, etc  which is stuff we all seem to
end up talking about anyway, its just we dont advertise it.  with the
hope that there might be more interest if the group didnt appear to be
quite so single topic.   just an idea to bounce around anyway.