[SWLUG] Mail from File and /var/mail/

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Wed Feb 16 09:30:38 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have 2 mail questions...

1. There is a file in my home dir that is a relic from a period of time
where mutt was putting copies of sent mail into a file called '~/sent'
This is therefore just a file, not a directory, with what seems to be
mail, back to back in it. I use a maildir format and was wondering how I
could extract the mail from this file and put it into the correct
maildir place. i.e. ~/Maildir/.Sent Items/cur/

2. I keep getting a message saying I havemail in /var/mail/jonr
How do I retrieve that?

Thanks in advance.

Jon Reynolds