[SWLUG] Work Experience

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sat Jan 8 17:00:00 UTC 2011

Ar ddydd Gwe, Ion 07 2011, 22:45:01 +0000, ysgrifennodd Edward Evans:
> Any ideas or suggestions?  My grandson is looking for work experience
> in the summer this year.  He is in his second year of a computer
> science degree.

If he's either doing a degree in Wales or living in Wales in the
holidays, then he could try ITWales.

http://itwales.com/999450.htm

  Under the ITWales Placement scheme, students and graduates are employed
  by large and small companies to complete specific IT based projects.
  Placements are generally organised during the summer vacation and can be
  for any period from 6 to 10 weeks, projects and tasks are IT related, or
  involve the application of IT. The pay is set at a minimum rate of �240
  per week before deductions. Part time student placements are also
  available during term time. Full time graduate placements are available
  all year round.

  To participate in the scheme, you must be a student with EU citizenship
  studying for a degree or HNC at a Higher Education Institution within
  Wales, or living in Wales during vacations. Graduates living in Wales
  are also eligible.

Telsa