[SWLUG] Crontab Email Size Limitation

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Fri Sep 2 06:59:34 UTC 2011

 Hi Folks,

 I have a crontab job set up to do a backup once a week (I use s3sync to
 send files to AWS S3).

 I sends me an email with the results of the script. The results are in
 the form of showing what s3sync is doing, line by line, file by file, so
 I can see what has been sent to S3.

 The problem I seem to have is that the email just seems to stop
 suddenly, like it is being truncated (mid line sometimes).

 What I want to know is whether this is just some sort of size limit on
 the email message being sent or whether my backup script actually is
 stopping before it is finished...

 Thanks in advance.
--

 Jon Reynolds (j0nr)