[SWLUG] Digital/Internet Radio Recorder

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Fri Sep 9 14:21:58 UTC 2011

 On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 09:56:17 +0100, Toby Maxwell-Lyte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If DAB only is acceptable then there's a section on this page
> http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/dab.html
>
> "Examples of suitable DAB recorders: the Bug , the Revo Pico+, some
> of
> the Roberts Gemini range, the iAudio D2 pocket DAB, and the PocketDAB
> 2000 handheld. Some of the DAB products from Pure support ReVu
> (record/rewind), including the Pure DMX-50 midi system."
>
> Cheers,
> Toby
>
> On 4 September 2011 09:33, Jon Reynolds
> <maillist at jcrdevelopments.com> wrote:
>>  Hi folks,
>>
>>  Wondering if any of you know of such a device that I can only
>> simply
>>  describe as a SKY+ digital or internet radio?
>>
>>  My father would like to be able to record programmes off the radio
>> just
>>  simply onto a radio to listen to when he is ready.
>>
>>  He does not want a computer/MP3 player solution.
>>
>>  I imagine such a device does not exist as it would need at least a
>>  screen to be able to program recordings in advance.
>>
>>  Maybe there is a radio that can be controlled via a computer to do
>> the
>>  setup in advance. But he certainly wouldn't want the computer on to
>> have
>>  to listen to his shows.
>>
>>  Cheers in advance.
>> --
>>

>>  Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
>>  http://www.jcrdevelopments.com

 Thanks for the info Toby DAB is not the only option, I am (or rather my
 father is) open to suggestions... But it must be a simple, single radio
 on the shelf device. He won't be interested in using the computer
 (unless to somehow set the radio on his shelf to record in advance) to
 transfer things. Basically a radio with the capability to browse an EPG
 to set upcoming programmes to record in advance.

 I found a couple of possibilities:

 Example:
 http://www.robertsradio.co.uk/Products/DAB_radios/SOUND_41/index.htm

 Not available yet but will be soon I reckon.

 Here's another:
 http://www.pure.com/products/product.asp?Product=VL-60954&zoom_highlight=epg

 But if there are other solutions I am all ears.

 Thanks again.