[SWLUG] Crontab Email Size Limitation

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Fri Sep 9 14:23:57 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 02 Sep 2011 08:09:00 +0100, Matthew Moore wrote:

> It's possible.  Where is the email going? (I know that gmail will
> truncate massive emails).  Also can you check to see how big the
> emails
> are?  If they're all the same size, that might be a clue.  Also, just
> be sure it's working, could you get it just to send a summary via
> email
> and maybe create logfiles with all the line by line stuff (do you
> really
> need an email with all that detail in it?).
>
> Matt

 They all seem to be varying in size...

 I will have to investigate a way of creating log files (ideas?), which
 I can then interrogate after to see if the command did complete. I
 suppose at the end of my bash script I could just add 'echo finished' so
 if I see that I know it finished (or thinks it finished).

 Cheers.
--

 Jon Reynolds (j0nr)
 http://www.jcrdevelopments.com