[SWLUG] Openstreetmap, relicensing and remapping

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Wed Feb 8 21:17:20 UTC 2012

Sorry if this is a little off-topic but I know that there are
openstreetmap contributors around, both current and maybe lapsed, or may
know lapsed contributors.

For various legal reasons, that I do not pretend to understand, anybody
who crontributes to, or has contributed in the past, needs to accept new
licensing terms. Details of the changes are found in the OpenStreetMap
wiki at
http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/We_Are_Changing_The_License

If the terms are not accepted on April 1st any ways added by a
contributor who has not accepted will be deleted, or if they have merely
edited a way created by someone else it will return to its earlier
state.

I find this site the most useful to find the ways that will disappear,
http://cleanmap.poole.ch/#

So if you are an ex-contributor, or know someone who is undecided,
please either accept the new conditions, or if you disagree with them
decine as this will give us a better clue as to what work is to be done.

Otherwise, if you can help with re-mapping then it would be appreciated.

If you have any queries, then contact me either on the list, or directly
and I will try to help.

Phil