[SWLUG] Free as in freedom

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 06:43:50 UTC 2013

On 10 Aug 2013 01:26, "Hugh Mayfield" <hugh.mayfield at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wondered to what extent people in this group are interested in free
software as opposed to simply open source?  To what extent to people try to
run fully free systems?  Does the group see itself as supporting GNU+Linux
or simply Linux?  If there was a "free software user group" in South Wales
would people see that as something worth joining, or a needless duplication
of SWLUG, or somewhere in between?

I try to be Free (as in speech) rather than just free (as in beer), but I'm
pragmatic with it. For instance, I use nvidia drivers on my work desktop
since suspend doesn't work on that machine without them.

I don't think we need a separate group, I think this one covers both
situations adequately.

Gneel.