[SWLUG] stupidly reset my bios defaults & now can't slow down the fan..

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Fri Jan 18 17:33:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have an ASRock M3A790GXH/128M BIOS with an AMD Phenom II x4 945 CPU.

Stupidly, I reset the BIOS to its defaults.

Now the CPU Quiet Fan option is disabled and won't let me reenable it.
It says I can only enable this option if I "install 4-pin CPU fan"; but
I've been had this option enabled for 3 years!

So, presumably, I need to set something else to allow me to enable it.

I have downloaded the useless manual, so wondered if anyone had any
other ideas?

Thanks:-}

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy