[SWLUG] Looking for webmail company

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 09:13:07 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have used Demon internet for nearly 20 years.  Recently they changed
my over to their new email system.  It is a Window's based package!.
I don't change my software at all. It is they who run the windows based
stuff. I have been having severe problems with this Windows based system
Firstly they didn't tell me I had been migrated!. I only noticed when my
email did not work.I can  now read the majority of my email but there
are still problems It is a classic example of what Welsh speakers would
very politely call " Problem gyda phecyn Windows." ( A problem with a
Windows package, but the Welsh mutations add an extra layer of meaning.)

Now I have my own server, but I'd rather not put all my eggs in one
basket. Does anyone know of a company that cheaply and reliably provides one
of those domain and email only systems without web hosting that offers
access that also includes getting and sending email via a good webmail
package?

Changing will be a real pain but I may be forced into it.

Neil