[Swlug] HTML email moratorium

Mark Einon mark.einon at linux.com
Thu Nov 14 10:08:24 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 12:13:53AM +0000, Gerald Davies wrote:
> On 13 November 2013 23:49, Matt Hill <matt at twpsyn.com> wrote:
> >
> > Kinda spoils the idea  :(
> >

> Please can we have a moratorium on html emails too? ;)

I think this is a difficult one to decide - my opinion would be not to
dictate anything, but politely point out to frequent posters who use
html.

I don't think it's a good idea to chastise and alienate new posters just
for using html (such as banning html emails from being forwarded to the
list) as they may not know any better. And it's this sort of newbie
person who we'd like to encourage, right?

Cheers,

Mark