[SWLUG] SWLUG LinkedIn group

Daniel Morris danielm at iee.org
Fri Sep 6 20:54:37 UTC 2013

A while back I created a SWLUG "group" on LinkedIn; I had good
intentions at the time, and planned to familiarise myself with the
management settings etc. before promoting and announcing it to the
world. Well I've been busy, and in the mean-time someone found the
group! So I thought I should at least announce it ;-)

FAOD it is not my intention to displace nor surplant the public mailing
lists that have served SWLUG thus far. I appreciate not everyone likes
walled gardens nor Orwelian platforms, there is no compulsion to join
LinkedIn or the group - but it occurred to me that lots of Linux users &
potential users do use LinkedIn, and might therefore benefit from SWLUG
in all its guises.

All LinkedIn users are welcome to request to join, but for the time
being (at least) join requests require approval to cut down on the
noise. I also intend to be tyrranical about spam and shameful
self-promotions - those in want maybe better served by FreeCycle (which
is a brilliant way to give stuff away, reuse & reduce land-fill). I
created a Jobs sub-group too, it would be nice to see our local economy
in action.

 Daniel