[SWLUG] Fwd: Celebrate GNU's big "three-o"

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 08:01:26 UTC 2013

On 22 September 2013 21:43, Matthew Moore <matt at matthewmoore.org.uk> wrote:

> A new website was designed and setup by Vladimir, but it was never put
> live.  No idea why.

Absolutely.  The current site has almost always looked out of date to
me - something about people with technical skills lacking what people
with design skills bring to the table, IMHO.  And yes, I know that
it's a technical group, etc, but still!

Apologies for occasionally moaning about it - sorry! ;)  It's usually
only when the subject of the site is brought up by other people.

>  We could do with a new website, we only need a few
> pages at most.  All the stuff (wiki etc) on the current site is pretty
> pointless, IMHO.

I hadn't thought of this until you mentioned this.  Yes, I completely
agree.  It could do with some static pages instead of a CMS!  Hardly
anything ever happens and it would be much easier to maintain.  Why
not have another subdomain or something for an aggregate of swlug
member blogs, such as a planet.swlug.org, etc?  Not sure if this ever
happened.

Cheers, Gerald