[Swlug] Fwd: Talks this weekend

Clifford Perry coperry94 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 12:03:29 UTC 2014

Resending to discuss at swlug.org (an email address I wasn't aware off - also
since I re-subscribed with my main account, vs another alias I had - so
email will get sent - I hope)

I enjoyed the topics presented, and my son learned a few new things as
well.

If the presenters do have copies of the presentations online somewhere,
please let us know.

I'd love to look up some of the tools mentioned in the last slide deck,
though I have no active work-need for them.

The Ansible lightening talk was nice, for me to see a real-world
perspective.
 - I work for Red Hat and I help to develop Red Hat Satellite, a systems
management product for RHEL, and help maintain the upstream Spacewalk
project.
 - The creator of Ansible, use to work on the same team as me. He is also
the creator of cobbler provisioning system (which we use inside Satellite &
Spacewalk). He helped on the func project and a couple years later, after
changing companies, which included puppet labs, he created Ansible to fill
a need that he had. Realizing that there was others using the tool and
wanting 'support' for it, he spun up with people he trusted the Ansible
company - hence moving to a more corporate entity, while still releasing
community Ansible as well. Hopefully that brief background is of interest
to others.

So, thank you again to all for the time taken to organize and present :)
 - I look forward to any such future events.

Regards,
Cliff Perry