[Swlug] Fwd: Talks this weekend

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 21:46:14 UTC 2014

On Sunday 27 Apr 2014 13:01:56 Clifford Perry wrote:
> Resending to discuss at swlug.org (an email address I wasn't aware off - also
> since I re-subscribed with my main account, vs another alias I had - so
> email will get sent - I hope)

If you send it to both the emails, it'll get sent to the list twice.  We used
to have the list on discuss at swlug.org, that's why we have that as a redirect
to the main swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk email.  No real need to use the discuss@
email.

> > The Ansible lightening talk was nice, for me to see a real-world
> > perspective.
> >
> >  - I work for Red Hat and I help to develop Red Hat Satellite, a systems
> >
> > management product for RHEL, and help maintain the upstream Spacewalk
> > project.

Very nice.  I just like ansible cause it's easy to use and works well.  I hope
it stays nice and simple.  If it tries to complete with Puppet it could ruin
it.

> >  - The creator of Ansible, use to work on the same team as me. He is also
<snippy>
> > releasing community Ansible as well. Hopefully that brief background is
> > of interest to others.

I've spoken to mdehaan on IRC a few times he always struck me as being a
decent chap.  I was aware that he'd done all the cobbler stuff.  It's nice to
see Ansible getting such a good solid user base.

> > So, thank you again to all for the time taken to organize and present :)
> >
> >  - I look forward to any such future events.

So do I.  It's nice to see someone else arranging some talks.  Lets hope it's
not another two years till the next lot.  Thanks to Matt for doing it.  They
were really good.

Cheers,

Matt