[Swlug] TomTom Start 60 / MyDriveConnect and Linux.

Julian Hall linux at kaotic.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 22:43:09 UTC 2014

Hi All,

In Windows I use the TomTom MyDriveConnect software to update my TomTom
Start 60 as I have free updates for life (yes well we'll see what their
definition of 'life' is, but anyway).  The problem is the MDC software
won't work under WINE and despite the fact you can of course log into
the website in Firefox as you can in Windows, it won't detect the device
to allow updates as it requires MDC to work.  You can't download the
updates as you used to be able to do and then just copy them to the SD
card because this one doesn't have an SD card.. it's all onboard memory
and they won't let you just download the files anyway.  TomTom's
Customer Service are conspicuous by their absence to all requests on the
forums - including their own website support - to develop MDC for Linux.

Linux distro: Mint 16
WINE error info - I haven't included the entire stack dump as I didn't
think it would help:

Unhandled exception: unimplemented function
KERNEL32.dll.SetVolumeMountPointW called in 32-bit code (0x7b83ac5f).
Register dump:
  CS:0023 SS:002b DS:002b ES:002b FS:0063 GS:006b
  EIP:7b83ac5f ESP:0033cc14 EBP:0033cc78 EFLAGS:00200246(   - --  I Z- -P- )
  EAX:7b826419 EBX:7b8af000 ECX:00000000 EDX:0033cda8
  ESI:0033cda8 EDI:0033cdc4

System information:
     Wine build: wine-1.4.1
     Platform: i386 (WOW64)