[Swlug] Cardiff Meeting Place

Daniel Morris danielm at iee.org
Thu Jun 4 05:30:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 12:27:38AM +0100, Chris M. Jackson wrote:
> get, the Gatekeeper is right opposite - it's reasonably cheap,
> reasonably open and accessible, and there's no music.  (FWIW, the
> Carmarthen branch had no issue with the coffee when I was there last
> year, though that may not necessarily hold here.)  It also tends to be
> quieter than Central or the Prince of Wales.

I'm not a coffee snob, but I think they all have a standard high-end
coffee machine with "Our Lavazza coffee (Italy’s favourite) is certified
by the Rainforest Alliance" available. Of course, as we've seen with
our favourite OS, even with the best tools available the end-product
will only be as good as the skills of the people using & maintaining
them.

Also be aware that in Carmarthen they tend to shut down the machine and
do a thorough clean as things get quieter from about 2200, so I have to
remember to get my coffee and black currant & lemonade in the right
order.

 Daniel