[Swlug] Cardiff venues (again)

Davage, Marcus (I&SD Database Services - DB2) Marcus.Davage at Lloydsbanking.com
Tue Oct 6 08:21:12 UTC 2015

I took the missus for a date night to "A Shot in the Dark" on City Road (remember that) last week, only to find that it was closed! We were gutted. Does anyone have any news about why?

Regards,
Marcus Davage CEng CITP MBCS
IBM Certified DB2 Database Administrator
http://about.me/spufidoo
-----Original Message-----
From: Swlug [mailto:swlug-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Chris Jackson
Sent: 05 October 2015 23:02
To: South Wales Linux User Group
Subject: Re: [Swlug] Cardiff venues (again)

While we've thankfully missed the rugby, it looks like next Tuesday coincides with Wales' final Euro qualifying match against Andorra.
Those flippin' upstarts at UEFA, eh?  While I was in the Glassworks at the weekend, I noticed that they did have a couple of tellies, but the place didn't seem too busy for the early matches on Saturday.  I might pop in this week and ask them how busy they were last time.

I also paid a visit to the Corner House.  Drinks were a bit pricey (particularly if anyone needs to stay on the soft stuff), and there was music, albeit not obnoxiously loud.  There is food, but it's in a separate dining area upstairs.

On 2 September 2015 at 18:33, Mark Einon <mark.einon at linux.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 05:38:17PM +0100, Chris Jackson wrote:
>>    September 8th is past approaching.  We could do with picking a spot for
>>    that, and one for October, where we've sneaked into the brief gap between
>>    the pools and the knockout phase of the Rugby World Cup.
>>
>>    Any suggestions?
>
> The Glassworks pub has been mooted as a suitable venue (They do a mixed grill too!).
>
> http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-cardiff/TheGlassworks-pub/
>
> It's just around the corner from The Hayes, used to be a Slug and Lettuce?
>
> I'll stick it on G+ tomorrow as the venue unless any further discussion happens.
>
> Mark

Chris Jackson