[Swlug] mod_perl_api_version not present?]

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 16:57:18 UTC 2016

On Saturday 02 Apr 2016 11:25:51 Geraint Edwards wrote:
> Try:
>         apachectl configtest
> but that's probably not much more help.
gives the same result as --configtest :(

> > i tried adding the following to /etc/httpd/conf/modules.d/02-perl.conf:
> >

> > PerlSetEnv  MOD_PERL_API_VERSION 2
> > PerlPassEnv MOD_PERL_API_VERSION
>
> I would've thought that would set those vars inside Apache, but not during
> the compilation (when you need it).
>
> Can't you set the var in your shell, before compilation?
>         export MOD_PERL_API_VERSION=2
> and/or perhaps put that line into
>         /etc/apache2/envvars

well i don't have /etc/apache2/envvars, perhaps a distro thing?
i had tried the export thing, but embarassingly it seems i ran it in one
terminal and the compile in another! so of course it failed, prompted by you
to try again it seems the env variable is picked up, now i have more problems
with missing modules but that's another post

thanks

bascule