[Swlug] Installing Mint Mate 17.3 Rosa 64-bit - problems

Bill Thomson billthomson1951 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 7 11:02:42 UTC 2016

Hi team,
I'm having problems installing the above on my HP elitebook laptop. I have a burnt copy of Mint 17.3, but it won't install properly, and now I can't even turn the machine off. I've had to disconnect from the mains and remove the battery to power down.
I've had problems like this with a previous HP elitebook which seemed to be the interface between the BIOS and the hard drive.
I'd be grateful if I could receive some help me on this - I live in the centre of Carmarthen, so maybe one of the Carmarthen SWLUG members could call around? - they'd be very welcome  All I want is a good working laptop!

Many thanks.
Bill Thomson