[Swlug] First SWLUG Talks 2017

Adrian Aguirre mail at adrianaguirre.uk
Tue Jul 4 16:23:32 UTC 2017

Hello all,

The next 11th of July 2017 will be our first SWLUG Talks 2017 of the
year!
The talks start at 6:30. If you come later you will need to ask the
security lodge people in the Trevithick building (right in front of the
School of Physics and Astronomy) to let you in.

The talks will be:

Title: Dev Ops in a Tech Startup --- why we couldn't afford not to
automate
the process of moving house, from offer to completion and beyond.  Built
with a team of just four engineers, the automation of build, test and
deployment has been essential to meeting the company's goals.  Chief
Technology Officer Steve Talbot will talk about his experiences of
creating a devops culture and technology stack within an early stage
tech startup.
Speaker: Steve Talbot

and

Title: 'How to blame your genes with confidence'
Speaker: Mark Einon

Place:

N/1.32 (first floor)
School of Physics and Astronomy
Cardiff University
Queen's Buildings
The Parade
Cardiff
CF24 3AA

I will put some signs so that people can find their way to the room but
it should be pretty straightforward getting there.

There will be pub after the talks in case you want to join us.

See you then!

Adrian.