[Swlug] Linux Support Consultant

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sun Sep 17 13:45:20 UTC 2017

We have a vacancy for a Linux Support Consultant. This is primary aimed at
entry-level candidates, but if you're more experienced (or even a Linux
megastar) we'd still be interested in hearing from you.
Here at Tiger Computing we know how hard it can be to break into
a technical career with no prior experience, but right now
there's an opportunity for someone to join our technical team.

You'll be working alongside some of the smartest Linux people in
the UK, supporting our clients from our head office just outside
Monmouth.

Here's how one of the team describes working here:

"Working at Tiger Computing really is as interesting as it sounds – if you
can stand the pace! It’s a small company so I get a big say in how we do
things, and there’s always someone ready to help out when I need a hand.
We don’t just fix things – we build some pretty cool infrastructure for
our clients too, and I love the challenge of getting that just
right."

About You

 - you love the idea of being paid to work with Linux every day

 - you're smart, hard working, ambitious

 - you can speak and write good English

About Us

We've been the UK's leading provider of Linux consultancy and
support services to UK businesses for the past 15 years. We
provide fantastic proactive support and keep our clients up to
date with the latest technology. We work hard, have fun, and make
a difference.

Benefits

 * An individual training plan to advance your knowledge and
   qualifications. You'll also be appointed a Senior Consultant
   as a mentor.

 * 21 days’ paid holiday plus Public Holidays, rising to 25 days

 * Generous pension scheme

 * Location: We’re based in the beautiful Wye valley, overlooking
   the river next to the Forest of Dean.

 * You get your choice of monitor, keyboard, mouse.

 * The rest: we all spend a lot of time at work, so we take care
   to ensure that we have a friendly working environment. We have
   an open plan office, a casual dress code, real coffee, a
   summer day out (we’ve been gliding, canoeing and horse riding
   – what’s next?).

Salary: for the entry level role, £22,000-25,000; for a more experienced
candidate then up to £50K.

To apply, either send CV and covering mail to me, Keith Edmunds
(kae at tiger-compuitng.co.uk) or send me a link to a video that explains why
we should talk to you more about this role.

--
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't" - Jack Dempsey