[Swlug] Linux based job opportunity at OpenCorporates

Ben Tullis tullis at hypothetical.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 13:30:07 UTC 2018

Hello all,

In case anyone is interested, there is a job opportunity going where I work at OpenCorporates. (https://opencorporates.com)

https://jobs.opencorporates.com/o/infrastructure-engineer

We build and host the largest open database of companies in the world, with open access to the data for non-commercial purposes.  At the moment it's mostly running on self-hosted Debian servers that are located in south Wales, although we also have some 'hybrid-cloud' projects that are in the works too. The role is largely Linux system engineering, although it would also encompass the physical Ethernet devices and upstream connectivity so it's listed as an Infrastructure Engineer.

It's advertised as a 50% FTE role with a pro-rata salary of £35k - £50k, depending on experience.
i.e. that's a gross salary of between £17.5k and £25k for 2.5 days work per week.  The 50% part-time aspect is also negotiable.

Most of the rest of the company is located in London (Canary Wharf) so it would involve some travel to London for meetings, as well as occasional travel to the data centre, as required for project delivery and/or incident response.

Please do pass on the information to anyone you think might be interested and feel free to ask me any questions, either on or off the mailing list.

Best wishes,
Ben

--
  Ben Tullis