[Swlug] A tiny RaspberryPi media player?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Jul 4 07:51:00 UTC 2018

Hi,

Does this sound reasonable:

A RaspberryPi + screen + case (+ AM/FM receiver)?

The aim is to make a small (mains-powered) media player that can be used
to watch music on YouTube, catchup on BBC iPlayer, and ideally listen to
broadcasts on AM and FM (e.g., Radio 3; although I guess iPlayer would
be sufficient for this anyway).

I can't see a case on their website for the back of the 7" touch
display; is there one? It would be a gift and must look 'complete'.

I'd want to use their Debian-based OS since I'm used to Debian.

I have no hardware skills at all, so would have to make it out of
existing components that can just fit together.

Also, why would I need the USB WiFi dongle when it has wireless
built-in? The device would only be used at home with our wireless
router.

Thanks,
--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd.
    ComparePDF - easy to use fast PDF comparison tool