[Swlug] Installing Linux onto Android smartphone

Bill Thomson billthomson1951 at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 7 15:11:44 UTC 2019

Hi team,I have a smartphone (Fairphone FP1U) which runs on Android. The current version of Android on the phone is 4.2.2, kernel version 3.4.5
Fairphone have stopped updating the Android system on the phone, and I wonder if there is a way of installing Linux as the OS instead of Android whilst still being able to download apps from sources outsideĀ  of the Linux environment. A bit of a tall question to ask, I know.

I'm particularly interested in YouVersions Bible App, and the HTB Bible in One Year app. Obviously I would like something to take notes, a calculator, WhatsApp, and the other usual bits and pieces that are now routinely packaged with smartphones - and of course the abiity to use the phone as a phone!
Hope to hear from you soon,
Cheers,Bill Thomson