[Swlug] Boot directory

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:11:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 10:04, Bill Thomson via Swlug
<swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Colin, that seems to have done the trick! I've freed up in excess of 2Gb in the boot directory - thank you!

For future reference I believe it is generally considered better not
to have a separate partition for /boot as it can give rise to this
problem.  Just put /boot in the main root (/) partition so that it
will not fill up.  If it /boot actually fills up completely it can be
a big pain to recover as you can't then run autoremove, you have to
manually remove the old kernels.

Colin