[Swlug] Boot directory

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 10:29:39 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 09:51, Colin Law via Swlug
<swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> If you have not been removing old kernels when upgrading then they may
> be filling up /boot.
> In a terminal run
> ls -l /boot
> to see what is there, then
> sudo apt-get autoremove
> which should remove any old ones.

In certain conditions in the command line apt will tell you to
'apt-get autoremove' unused packages, but I can't remember what the
conditions are. It's more a force of habit that I look and check what
I can remove.

As Colin mentioned, I wouldn't go moving /boot around - you could end
up in a world of pain for very little gain. Maybe look at it in the
future when you're installing something new or a VM, etc.