[Swlug] Boot directory

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 11:43:43 UTC 2019

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 12:12, Mark Einon <mark.einon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Be careful doing this!
>
> Not all systems/distros can read all filesystem types prior to initrd
> booting (as this is done by the bootloader).

Good point, I assume it is filesystems such as LVM that cannot be used
for /boot.  I assume that the installer for an OS would not allow
/boot to be put on a filesystem type that was invalid.  My experience
is with Ubuntu and there I believe that the default is now to put them
on the same partition unless LVM is selected as the filesystem type,
though it is a little while since I last installed from fresh so not
certain of that.

Colin