[Swlug] swlug.org domain

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Mar 3 22:54:47 UTC 2020

On Tue, 3 Mar 2020 at 21:33, Chris Jackson via Swlug <
swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> Apparently this domain has expired, and it's happened long enough ago
> that it's been deleted entirely.  Anyone going to pick it back up
> before the vulture capitalists that are buying .org and saddling it
> with debt start hiking the prices?

As an aside, I know a number of the people involved in the PIR sale on the
ISOC side, and I wouldn't leap to conclusions there.

I'd recommend reading Mike Godwin's posts on the issue; a member of the
ISOC Board of Trustees which made the decision, his posts have been quite
useful to understand what's going on from the perspective of ISOC (as have
Richard Barnes's).

Dave.