[Swlug] Meeting/Cyfarfod << Caerdydd / Cardiff >> this Tuesday / nos Fawrth yma

Chris Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:46:11 UTC 2020

Just another reminder that we're actually doing something instead of
just going to the pub, and that if you don't register you might not be
able to get past security, or (more importantly) there might not be
enough pizza for you.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/swlug-community-talks-getting-started-with-kubernetes-using-k3s-registration-95301135261

Demo: Getting started with Kubernetes on k3s
Daniel Morgan is a man on a mission to automate all the things.
Currently a principal engineer at Nielsen, he's been in and around the
South Wales tech scene for almost 20 years, and is a big believer in
Everything-as-Code. Tonight he'll be presenting a practical
demonstration of getting Kubernetes up and running on a Raspberry Pi
with k3s.

Linux on the IBM Z mainframe platform
Marcus Davage is a STEM Ambassador and Code Club volunteer currently
working as a Lead Product Developer for BMC Software. He started
coding in COBOL on an IBM mainframe before moving on to sysadmin and
DBA work. Tonight he'll be introducing us to Linux on IBM's Z
mainframe platform.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Migrating to the Wild West Kubuntu distro
Ismael Velasco is a software developer working with the LAMP stack. He
has a passion for food, storytelling and social impact. Tonight, he'll
be sharing his experience of migrating to a full Linux desktop
environment as a new user. Audience participation highly recommended.

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 at 08:15, root--- via Swlug <swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> ---- ATGOFIAD
>
> Bydd y cyfarfod nesa SWLUG yng Nghaerdydd
> yn dechrau tua 7yh nos Fawrth (10/Mawrth/2020)
>
> Cadwch lygad ar y wefan - http://swlug.org.uk - ar gyfer manylion/newyddion
> (neu http://twitter.com/SWLUG).

> ---- REMINDER
>
> The next SWLUG meeting in Cardiff