[Swlug] using lvm for mirror

Ben Tullis tullis at hypothetical.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 20:37:19 UTC 2021

I generally prefer to use software RAID 1 for the physical devices. This creates a device such as /dev/md0

Then create a physical volume for LVM from /dev/md0

If you're using two identical drives in a server you can put /boot on /dev/md0, swap on /dev/md1 and then give everyone else to /dev/md2 and make that the LVM physical volume.

Hope that helps,
Ben