[Swlug] forgotten administrative password

Dick Bain dick.bain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 13:03:52 UTC 2021

I always create a separate /home partition so that it is okay to install
the latest version onto the root partition and your user data will be
safer, of course you must back up everything too 😉
For preference I use Linux Mint or Ubuntu and so the user password is in
the list of sudo-ers
If you really want to retain the current Linux you can interrupt the boot
process when grub comes up and follow the instructions from Jon 😉
Dick