[Swlug] alternative to google account

Tony Pursell tony.pursell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 11:05:15 UTC 2021

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 at 04:27, bascule via Swlug <swlug at mailman.lug.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 09/01/2021 00:55, Alice Mitchell via Swlug wrote:
> > You could put the phones into developer mode, connect a usb cable and
> > use 'adb backup' i think that should work.
> >
> > -Alice
>
> that only does a file backup as far as i can see,
> i'm looking to backup and then restore things like call logs and other
> app data that is not stored on external storage or even in the user
> accessible internal storage
>
> bascule

I don't know if this will help as I don't know anything about lineageos,
but if you connect an Android phone with a USB cable it will start to
charge the phone.  However, there is also a feature that allows you to
transfer files.  I use it for Shotwell.  That seems to give you access to
most of Android's files.  Is it there for lineageos?