[Swlug] Dsabling the trackpad

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 12 23:11:25 UTC 2024

Rhys,

Assuming you have SSH or similar secure remote shell access to his machine (when it is powered on and connected to the Internet), can't you use that access to put the commands needed into a script that runs at boot time, or into a script that his user account runs at login?

If you left the UK without setting up a way for you to do remote support... that was probably a mistake.  Does anyone in the group (that you trust!) live near your Dad, so they could go see him and create the needed little shell script?

Jonathan
--
  Jonathan Marsden
  Pastor, Deer Park Baptist Church, Tenby