[Swlugevents] Medicare enrollment period 2013. Find plan information

Senior Health SeniorHealth at plurkebalf.us
Fri Oct 18 21:16:42 UTC 2013

Medicare enrollment period for 2013. Compare plans before the deadline...

http://www.plurkebalf.us/2600/159/347/1297/2749.10tt74103107AAF9.php

Unsub- http://www.plurkebalf.us/2600/159/347/1297/2749.10tt74103107AAF10.html

urdens on law-abiding citizens.
The agreement also prioritizes collecting records over protecting citizens,"
Coburn said. "This is the wrong approach.Preventing sales to dangerous persons,
not collecting receipts, will save lives."The National Rifle Association
followed up with its own criticism of the proposal."Expanding background
checks at gun shows will not prevent the next shooting, will not
solve violent crime and will not keep our kids safe in schools,"
the NRA said. "The sad truth is that no background check would
have prevented the tragedies in Newtown, Aurora or Tucson."Other Republicans
voiced concern that the legislation being voted on Thursday still included
the older background check measure. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell,
who plans to vote against proceeding on Thursday, said that background check
provision would be a "clear overreach.""The following offenses would now
be federal crimes absent surrendering their firearms and conducting a background
check. Federal offenses: an uncle giving his nephew a hunting rifle for
Christmas; a niece giving her aunt a handgun for protection; a cousin
loaning another cousin his hunting rifle if the loan occurs just one
day before the beginning of hunting season," he said.The Manchin-Toomey
plan would be voted on later as an amendment. Manchin and Toomey
both have received "A" ratings from the NRA, and their endorsements could
make it easier for hesitant colleagues to back th
up the bill."We are
closer now than we have been in 25 years for serious immigration
reform," Durbin told reporters Wednesday after he and other Democrats in
the Senate negotiating group briefed members of the Congressional Hispanic
Caucus. "This president is behind it, and there is a strong, growing
bipartisan effort in the Senate to support it. We hope that the
House will do the same."Meanwhile tens of thousands of pro-immigration activists
massed outside the Capitol and in cities around the country to push
Congress to act. They waved American flags and carried signs reading, "Reform
immigration for America now!"The border security piece of the legislation
is critical to getting support from Republicans, but some Democrats have
opposed making a path to citizenship contingent on border security. Sen.
Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said that the new requirements wouldn't impede citizenship."A
lot of people here would not want to put dollars into the
border, but as a price to get citizenship, as long as it's
not an impediment to citizenship but rather works alongside citizenship,
it's something we can all live with," Schumer said, after talking to
the Hispanic House members. "What we've said all along is triggers have
to be objective and attainable in a way it doesn't interfere or
delay with people becoming citizens, and that's in the bill."According to
the person familiar with the proposals, the new border security requirements
call for 100 p