[Thanet] Permissions

Ifor Gaukroger gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com
Wed Nov 19 22:53:02 GMT 2003

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 04:15:58PM +0000, Ian Stuart wrote:

Hi Ian,

Probably a bit too late but, ...

> How do I change default file/folder permissions from rwxr-xr-x to
> rwxrwxr-x?

... for bash its umask (see man bash) and on my Debian Woody system
the init files are /etc/profile and ~/.bash_profile.

I've never used the octal number versions of permission for chmod or
umask but I think umask can use the letter version of as well.

On another note to anybody, are there any meetings planned for the Thanet lug?
I managed to miss the one that I knew about and haven't heard anything
since.

Hope that helps,

Ifor

--