[Thanet] Permissions

Ifor Gaukroger gaukrogi at schaf.plus.com
Thu Nov 20 17:54:46 GMT 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:57:59PM +0000, Ian Stuart wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 22:48, Ifor Gaukroger wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 04:15:58PM +0000, Ian Stuart wrote:

Hallo,

> > > How do I change default file/folder permissions from rwxr-xr-x to
> > > rwxrwxr-x?

> > Probably a bit too late but, ...
> Not too late - I'll try to figure out what you have said :-)

[..]

Sorry, if I didn't make sense, I was trying to find a happy medium
between a brief 'rtfm' and pages and pages of reply.

A quick google (for 'file permissions linux') brought up quite a few
pages of which:

http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/usersguide/linux_ugfilesp.html
http://www.wbglinks.net/pages/reads/linux/filepermissions.html

look reasonable.

> Thanet LUG is on tomorrow at 7:30 pm

Oh, I'm home already and will be playing chauffeur, never mind.

Could someone post time/date/location/etc to the list ? or is there a
website lurking that I couldn't find by googling ?

Thanks,

Ifor