[Thanet] is this thing on?

Tom Stuart morticed at btopenworld.com
Thu Sep 25 20:54:26 BST 2003

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately, I'll be off to Oxford by then, although I'm sure we could
set up a videoconferencing link, since both ends should have high-speed
internet by then!

Last time was pretty good - we had a visitor - someone called Terry from
KLUG. The meeting pretty much consisted of an attempted install of
Debian on one of the church's workstations until I ran into problems
with the graphics card. I'll try to unearth some information on it from
the debian website so that someone else can finish off the job next
time.

By the way, if you check my X-Mailer header, you'll see I've succumbed
to the Ximian way. This is mainly because the kde packages are currently
broken in Debian unstable, so I'm using gnome and I can't stand to mix
and match applications on a desktop. Evolution is quite nice though. ;)

Tom