[TynesideLUG] Greetings list!

Casey Roleplays casey.earnshaw at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:09:58 UTC 2018

Hello everyone delighted to meet you.

My name is Casey and I consider myself a novice at Linux. I've always been
interested in the idea and it's been nice to think differently. I have
limited knowledge with the operating system. I only know how to do a few
things with it such as SSH and setting up a LAMP stack however I probably
would struggle with relatively simple GUI functions if that makes sense.
I am acutely aware that I'm only scratching the surface of what it could do
and I would love to learn more about it and potentially start using it as a
desktop daily driver.
Currently I am running Windows mostly because I am working with a specific
piece of software for development which has a Ubuntu version however when I
tried using it a couple of years ago it would crash all the time and was
extremely frustrating, however now that it's been a while perhaps it's time
to consider migrating and trying again...

I think part of my reservations is that I only really own one system at the
moment and it would be a large undertaking to change all my software. Its
something that I'd like to think about.

Is this mailing list relatively new? I haven't lived in Newcastle for very
long and I seem to recall not finding a LUG when I first moved here. I've
really missed being in contact with geeky people ^^

All the best

Casey Marie Earnshaw