[TynesideLUG] Acer minitower needs a rebuild

Alan Page alpage2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 25 15:14:20 UTC 2019

Hello All
You may recall that I have mentioned on a couple of occasions, that I have an Acer mini-tower that seems to be broken down. Looking at it some more, I am even more convinced that it is the on/off switch. If I press it, typically 20-30 times, it will eventually start, and runs normally - but is equally difficult to start again. It seems like a good candidate for a rebuild into a different case - a spare switch is unlikely to be found, the manufacturer no longer supports this model.

I no longer have the time or the interest to do complete rebuilds, so before I scavenge the innards for spare parts, I thought I could offer it as a rebuild project, if anyone wants to take it on. I can bring it to the meeting on Saturday. Keyboard/monitor/mouse could also be bundled with it if required - and if you can carry it all :-)
RegardsAlan