[TynesideLUG] Python North East

Alex Kavanagh alex at ajkavanagh.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 08:10:06 UTC 2019

Hi Ian

Yes, I tend to go to most of the meetings.  We last met at the Flat Cap
cafe in Carliol Square (next door to where Campus North was).  As of
January this year, due to Campus North closing, PyNE doesn't have a venue.

I'm not sure why the website hasn't been updated.  However, one of the best
ways of keeping up is the Gitter channel (https://gitter.im/) which you can
use if you have a GitHub account -- it's very easy to set it up so that you
can use IRC to access it.  There's also a Gitter app, but it's Electron
based which makes it slooooooooooww and memory hungry.  There's also a
twitter account for Python North East (https://twitter.com/pythonnortheast)
, but I don't use Twitter anymore, so never see the announcements.

-- add yourself to the list and you'll get notifications of when/where the
next meeting is.

There will be a meeting in February, although it may be in the Flat Cap
cafe again; we're hoping that Tus Park will become available and we will be
able to hold it there.

Hopefully see at the next one.
Cheers
Alex.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 at 18:23, Ian Bruntlett <ian.bruntlett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Had a look at Python North East's website. Looks like it hasn't been
> updated since last December. Has anyone been to one of their meetings?
>
> Thanks :)
>

> Ian
>
> --
> -- ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org