[TynesideLUG] GNOME extensions

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 11:53:41 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I use Ubuntu and have been dabbling with the Arc Menu GNOME installation. I
got it from the "Ubuntu Software" app (as provided with Ubuntu). All you
have to do in that app is search for "Arc Menu" and you can install it from
there. You'll need to install some packages first, as noted in the
information given:-

sudo apt install gnome-shell-extensions gnome-menus gir1.2-gmenu-3.0

There is another extension, Dash to Panel, that I intend to experiment with.

Here are some videos about GNOME extensions. Note I prefer to install them
from the "Ubuntu Software App" rather than from within a web browser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YToncr682_E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozfu26B7xlo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2Q_e7cx9L4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtfczREgO_w