[TynesideLUG] C++ FAQs, Core Guidelines, and videos

Ian Bruntlett ian.bruntlett at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 20:40:37 UTC 2022

Hi,

C++ was discussed in the last LUG meeting.

Looking at my notes, there are two sets of free guidelines that might be of
interest...

C++ Core Guidelines, edited by Bjarne Stroustrup and Herb Sutter:
http://isocpp.github.io/CppCoreGuidelines/CppCoreGuidelines

The C++ SuperFAQ is a merger of two great FAQs. One by Marshall Cline and
the other by Bjarne Stroustrup.
https://isocpp.org/faq

I think the Core Guidelines will take higher priority. I think that some of
the guidelines will be automated by a static source code analysis tool.

Note that both sites are under development.

The annual (once bi-annual) ACCU conference talks are featured on a YouTube
channel, covering many things, with a bias towards C++. The videos are
free, possibly with adverts.
https://www.youtube.com/c/ACCUConf

Personally I have some books to work my way through before I start
re-reading "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup and building
on that (C++11) foundation. I've been spending some time away from C++ to
Learn Other Things...

HTH,

Ian

-- Free Software page -