[TynesideLUG] C++ Links

Casey Earnshaw casey at linuxmail.org
Mon Mar 6 21:01:29 UTC 2023

Hi Ian

Thank you very much for the links. I've been doing some C++ today and
trying to get the SQLite plug-in to work. Progress is very slow though
because we kind of have to treat it as a black box then compile it over
to the Godot engine and see if the engine can handle it. I don't know
enough yet to debug efficiently and I was wondering if maybe you could
give us some advice?

Ideally I think it would be beneficial to write a version of this that
can be run as a stand alone program, because godot is requiring us to
write a library file, I don't think you can really step through the code
because we don't have a client thread, so as such I think it might be
nice to write it in a way that could be stepped through. However the IDE
that we are using (visual studio code) although works great with
stepping though C# it seems to really struggle with C++ as soon as you
introduce more than a single code file. We have been relying on scons to
compile, maybe its possible to integrate that with VSC but I've not
found a way as of yet. I was wondering if you would be willing to share
your toolchain as maybe emulating the way you do things could give us
more debugging capabilities.

Many thanks

Casey