[TynesideLUG] recommendation

Madeleine Parkyn envoy at dircon.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 10:06:42 UTC 2024

Hello

I'm wondering if you can recommend someone to carry out some work on my
computer.

To reduce my use of big tech companies I'd like to shift to using Linux.
I'm thinking that one way to achieve this would be to set up a 'dual
boot' arrangement on my computer with Linux running alongside Windows.
The Linux install I've got on my laptop is Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

I live near Hexham, near Allendale.

Do you know of anyone in the area who does this sort of work?

With many thanks.
Madeleine

--
*Resist CBDC (Central Bank Digital Currency)*

Global CBDCs Exposed <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdWUXTTHK1A>: a
short video report from Big Brother Watch

I Want to Stop CBDCs – What Can I Do? 12 practical ideas from Catherine
Austin Fitts <https://home.solari.com/i-want-to-stop-cbdcs-what-can-i-do/>

*Let's Keep Cash*

  * Support small independent and local businesses: save them money on
    transaction fees
  * Keep our purchases and location anonymous if we choose
  * Use cash, especially on #CashFriday
  * Bank with your local Credit Union and Building Society
  * Visit: CashisFreedom.UK <https://www.cashisfreedom.uk/>: a campaign
    against a programmable digital currency