[Watford] Compiling axfr

Walter walter at helvatron.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 08:15:34 BST 2006

Hi All

I have downloaded the above and want to install on my debian system. I have
0 experience with compiling and installing programs and although I have
tried every option in the install text file that comes with the archive, I
cannot get it to install.

The first step is to make sure the extraction goes into the correct folder
eg: /use/local/bin which it does. Then I checked the access/execute
permissions and made sure they are 'full rights' with chmod.  But running
./config keeps showing missing aclocal, autoheader, autoconfig etc.  I have
the log file I can attach if someone is able to assist.

Many thanks, Walter Jaggli