[Watford] First Meeting -- Minutes

Mark Stewart markwstewart at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 02:39:27 GMT 2006

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for coming to the first official meeting - fun times ahead.
Here are the first minutes:

1:\ Add Amee and Neel to the admin mailman list at watford lug so they can
receive and process new users.

2:\ Assigned roles:

   - Mark - President
   - Neel - Treasurer
   - Amee - Secretary

Although roles are assigned it is agreed that we will all share
responsibility the WLUG group.

3:\ Budget - TBA. Based on considerations from the venue, sponsership and
council recommendations.

4:\ Move web site to Neels hosting company for improved performance and
bandwidth. Send Neel admin password for watford lug site so he can copy the
site accross. This will be completed under a test area before the next
meeting.

5:\ Find a venue, possible locations. (speak to council first):

   - Learn Direct
   - Westfield School
   - West Herts College (Hempstead Road, Cassio, Leggets)
   - Neel will speak to his cousin who has local knowledge. Also look at
   a location near Langley road.
   - Park Inn Hotel
   - Churches (Quaker)
   - Youth Clubs
   - Stadium and a venue opposite the stadium
   - Scouts, RAF - youth groups
   - Palace and Pump house theatre
   - Town Hall (function room)
   - Council - Speak to about community group. 01923 471555. (
   http://www.watford.gov.uk/ccm/content/leisure-and-community/community-centres.en
   )
   - Connexions. (town centre)

6:\ Neel will investigate TCP over RF if we find a venue with network
connectivity.

7:\ Next meeting - Tuesday 24th January 2006. Venue TBA.

8:\ Neel and Mark to find an appropriate watford lug t-shirt to be compared
and next meet!

9:\ Initial meetings to be held bi-weekly until WLUG is setup then we plan
to hold the meetings monthly. Also meetings will take place on Tuesdays.

Please let me know if I have missed anything. Keep everyone updated via
emails.

Mark