[Watford] Lonix LUG and Beer fest

Cliff Deamer cliff.g3ndc at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 3 20:54:47 BST 2007

I get this info via the Herts LUG and thought some of our members might
be interested.

Here are the details of the next meeting for Lonix,

Date:  Wednesday 8 Aug 2007
Time:  5.00pm - 10.45pm
Place: Earls Court Exhibition Hall
Map:
Nearest Tube:  Earls Court!
Phone: 07980224772

The day you've all been waiting for (especially me!). It's the GREAT
British Beer festival and we're having a Lonix meeting there. This is a
must trip for anyone who wants to sample as many of the 450 beers they
can drink.

This place is big, and not only sells beer, but also a large selection
of cider, perry, Belgian and American beers is available. Along with
lots of traditional food; Pork Pies, Pork Scratching, Olives, Pasties,
nuts and a large selection of cheese platters. Is your mouth watering
yet?

The cost of entrance is 6 pounds and then you rent/buy a souvenir glass
which you then take to each stand, to try out the beer (which you have
to pay for). To get the best selection it's always best to drink a half
at each stand. It's normally about 1.10-1.20 for a half.

As always we'll be meeting at the Badger Beer stand, but we'll sometimes
be moving around and will meet back here every so often.

With acknowledgement Tushar

Cheers  Cliff