[Watford] Watford LUG Meeting on 4th September

Cliff Deamer cliff.g3ndc at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 24 17:00:32 BST 2007

Hi Dave,
You've asked some good questions there so I will use this as the vehicle
for a general update.
I have been talking to Emma Pope, the new president of the club and she
has not yet asked Sky for a price for Broadband. I am pressing her to do
that as the starting point and said that I/we are quite happy to talk to
the committee if she wants that. (My only reservation is whether I am
the right person to do that!!)
I am hoping that she will talk to Sky and ascertain the price for the
club before the end of August, we can then talk about the way ahead.

No demo this month so it will be an open discussion forum, We will be
very pleased to see your Headless Server and I am sure there will be
plenty of input on Linux. I will bring a Ubuntu CD to the meeting, or if
you prefer another flavour of distro let us know. Gentoo perhaps, you
know we have the technology.

Neel had hoped to do his Demo this month but has been caught by pressure
of work. He is confident he will be OK for the October meeting having
cleared his diary for that date.

Meanwhile we should discuss a schedule of Demo/Presentation material. If
we can publish a program of meetings for the coming months it should
help to attract members.

I look forward to seeing as many as possible at the meeting on 4th
September.

Cheers  Cliff